Federal Advisory Partners
Federal Advisory Partners is looking for a Healthcare Consultant, with charge description master (CDM)experience, to join our team of dynamic healthcare consulting professionals. F|A|P is the destination for enthusiastic, results-oriented leaders committed to delivering high quality solutions to clients.
Our Consultants play a critical role in the continued long-term growth of the company and spend a significant amount of time interacting with clients, coordinating and leading project team members and developing and contributing to work products and contract deliverables.
The Healthcare Consultant will provide senior subject matter expert (SME) analysis and consulting services to design and maintain the Charge Description Mater (CMD) for a worldwide network of medical facilities to optimize revenue generation, maintain compliance with payer requirements and generate management reports relative to resource utilization. Additionally, the Consultant will support associated functions such as cost management, cost accounting, cost reporting and decision support analysis.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting on the design and support business processes for a CDM supporting medical facilities worldwide
- Reviews and studies information from payers relative to claim filing, coding and the claim adjudication process
- Studies, reports and makes recommendations relative to the compliance program and compliance concerns
- Participates in cost accounting activities and in the development of management reports relative to costs and charges/prices
- Develops and applies various charge development algorithms
- Provides subject matter expert consulting to the CDM audit/review teams during periodic reviews and/or on-going refinement of the CDM
- Collaborates with various departments in maintaining and reviewing the CDM as well as with stakeholders involved in development or reengineering activities
- Works with stakeholders involved in all phases of the revenue cycle reimbursement cycle relative to CDM interfaces and optimization of the process
- Ensures that codes on the CDM are accurate and that information is complete on claim forms
- Works with client senior leadership in the formulation of pricing strategies for negotiated contracts and capitation
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree is highly desirable (MBA, MHA, MPH)
- Five to ten years progressive experience in financial management, information systems and/or health information management is required
- Applicable certifications provided by the ACHE, HFMA, AHIMA, AGPAM and/or associated organizations are highly desirable
- Knowledge of the charge development process and the interrelationships of cost accounting, cost management and related functions
- Familiarity with hospital financial computer systems, accounts receivable and the CDM role within such systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Proficient with consulting and technical tools (MS Office Suite, analytics, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, if needed
Become Part of Our Team - Apply Today!
Please visit, https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=FA107, to apply.
Federal Advisory Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.