The Human Resources Manager will lead all aspects of the Human Resource (HR) function and will serve as a valued member and trusted advisor to the Service Coordination leadership team. This individual will possess proven ability to drive HR initiatives in a rapidly growing, complex environment. The ideal candidate is a operational leader with validated ability to contribute to a shared leadership centric, mission driven culture while translating organizational needs into innovative initiatives that leverage the power of human capital.
The HR Manager will possess broad thinking skills and is capable of maintaining an enterprise wide perspective while assessing tactical areas within the organization that impacts the success of the organization. This individual must be self-assured about driving change and addressing tough challenges while maintaining the utmost in professional approach and an unbiased perspective.
The ideal candidate will be the “voice” of HR for both strategy and execution of organizational initiatives related to recruitment, rewards, organizational development, performance management, engagement, retention, talent development, HRIS, legal compliance and other core processes.
- This role concentrates on performance management, succession planning, compensation (Step & Grade program) and benefits administration, employee relations strategies and diversity initiatives.
- Manages and plans, develops, recommends, and implements HR activities focusing on areas such as hiring, staffing and retention strategies. This work includes efforts targeted towards building bench strength in succession planning; and ensures competitive compensation (Step & Grade) and benefits programs & administration.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures Agency compliance with various state/federal governmental laws and regulations covering all areas of human resources.
- Responsible for review and collaboration to ensure effective policies, procedures, and programs are in place for the organization.
- Identify and analyze employee relations issues. Collaborate with leadership to assist them in properly carrying out their responsibilities on employee matters.
- Lead and participate on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities. Project examples include; Annual Benefit & Compensation strategy and program administration, HRIS administration, Development & Implementation of College Internship and Volunteer Programs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
PHR or SPHR Certified or similar certification, preferred.
8 – 10yrs HR Generalist Leadership experience in the field of Human Resources
Demonstrated strength in designing and executing effective talent acquisition and retention programs, and well-conceived succession planning programs that provides long lasting benefit to the organization and its employees.
Can work collaboratively while driving results and impacts performance both directly and indirectly.
Manages time and resources effectively while balancing the priorities of the most important goals and outcomes.
Quickly recognizes root-cause issues, discovers the source and generates thoughtful, effective solutions.
Well versed in employment law.
Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to act in a manner that reflects well on the agency, and to respect the confidential nature of information.
Have a reliable automobile to travel to meetings, etc. and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.