Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm that is obsessed with putting clients first – not because it’s good for business – but because we find, and hire, people that truly care about each and every client. We feel privileged to work with such a special group of clients, and find a great deal of satisfaction in not only providing them with the highest level of service, but also first-class performance and strategic advice. Our firm was founded in 1993 as an affiliate of Alex. Brown & Sons, a leading U.S. investment bank, and became independent in 1998. Today, we serve institutional and private clients in 50 states and more than 34 countries and territories from our 8 offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chapel Hill, Delaware, London, New York, and Washington, D.C. While every investment firm tries to attract the most qualified professionals, we place a premium on only selecting those individuals who fit our culture and bring sought-after skills to our team. In fact, each of Brown Advisory’s 500+ colleagues own equity in the firm. Our ownership structure, collaborative investment process and client-first culture aligns our interests with our clients and results, which also reduces colleague turnover.
Brown Advisory is currently seeking a professional, energetic and detail oriented individual to fill the Senior Recruiter position within our Baltimore and Washington office locations with a strong track record of proactively sourcing and attracting talent into a growing multi‐location organization. We are looking for someone to play a critical role in helping to manage the day‐to‐day recruiting needs of the firm, as well as provide an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience along the way. This individual will play a critical role in helping build out new processes, capabilities and the overall recruiting strategy, while having the opportunity to grow into a management role within the team.
We expect the Senior Recruiter to:
- Be proactive. Have the drive and motivation to disrupt the talent landscape and deliver incredible hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Be a natural problem‐solver. You have intellectual curiosity to identify challenges, analyze the root causes, seek to understand rationale behind current processes and only then propose solutions and tools to expand our Brown Advisory team and support current colleagues. You are eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You are excited about making ongoing process improvements.
- Work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary.
- Have a positive attitude and the desire to provide impeccable support to Brown Advisory team members. You will regularly interact with team members within and outside the Human Resources Team, providing high levels of customer service and confidentiality. You have an ability to communicate directly, concisely and with a balanced tone, on paper and verbally, formally and informally.
- Be creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. You are responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to the cultural DNA of Brown Advisory.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a full life cycle recruiting process from requisition creation through the employment offer stage for all areas of our business, including executive level positions.
- Building and maintaining a network of potential candidates through pro‐active market research and ongoing relationship management; conduct in‐depth interviews with candidates, while demonstrating the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer‐to‐interview ratios.
- Providing an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience throughout the recruiting process, including partnering with, educating, and consulting hiring managers on the recruiting process, strategy and expectations.
- Partnering closely with the hiring managers and Human Resources team members to provide clear and concise communication regarding onsite interviews that need to be scheduled, as well as the onboarding process.
- Managing 1‐2 team members that specialize in recruiting and coordination.
- Implementing new processes and fine tuning standard processes that help to drive efficiencies and innovation.
- Facilitating the movement of internal colleagues into new opportunities across the firm.
- Following up with all employee referrals in a timely manner.
- Extending and negotiating verbal offers.
- Coordinating temporary and intern hiring, as needed.
- Partnering with colleagues firm‐wide to help guide and support the college recruiting process and summer analyst program.
- Managing third party relationships to ensure appropriate service levels are being delivered and agreed terms are being followed.
- Staying informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in modern recruiting practices.
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance with the applicant tracking system and other business requirements.
- Illustrating tact, discretion, and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Establishing appropriate use of metrics to gauge the strength and opportunities of the recruitment process.
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Personal Excess Liability
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- 5+ years of corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships, to include managing 15+ searches at any given time
- Working knowledge of recruiting metrics, assessment tools and techniques
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations as they relate to Talent Acquisition
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven ability to liaise with colleagues to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion
- Strong functionality of an Applicant Tracking System (Taleo is a plus)
- Previous experience with recruiting internationally is a plus
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time