Specialist - State Regulation and Legislation
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Manage the Association’s state level legislative and regulatory tracking focused on CPA profession issues. Performs research for the State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs team’s initiatives and provides administrative support as needed to the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Track introduced and pending state regulatory and legislative proposals impacting the CPA profession in support of the Association's legislative and regulatory initiatives.
· Conduct regular analysis of legislative and regulatory proposals to determine the impact on the CPA profession.
· Coordinate with the appropriate Association technical team representatives on identified legislative and regulatory proposals, and determine the appropriate internal response.
· Conduct accurate research and generate analysis on state legislative and regulatory issues that affect the CPA profession in response to requests from state societies, state boards and internal Association teams.
· Assist the Senior Manager – State Legislation with CPA profession legislative issue management,
· Work on special projects and support the State Legislative and Regulatory Affairs team’s initiatives as needed.
· Provide administrative support as needed to the Vice President – State Regulatory & Legislative Affairs, the Assistant General Counsel in the Washington, DC office, as well as other State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs team members.
· Achieve team operational plan goals by coordinating with internal Association teams, Association volunteer leadership, State CPA Society Staff, State legislators and staff and State executive branch officials and staff.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Commitment to association management and engagement in appropriate professional networking organizations preferred/encouraged
· Superior knowledge of state legislative and regulatory processes, research principles, and commitment to quality of work product
· Knowledge of the accounting profession and accounting public policy issues preferred
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple projects at one time
· Outstanding written and verbal skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· 3 years’ relevant experience including operations of federal or state legislative/regulatory affairs
· Previous experience with a membership association, preferably a professional association
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.